H-1B Numbers for FY 2011 Exhausted

By: The Chander Law Firm, P.C.

On January 27, 2011, USCIS announced that H-1B visa numbers for fiscal year 2011 were exhausted. USCIS ceased accepting H-1B applications filed under the 2011 cap that were received after January 26, 2011.

Applications received on or before January 26, 2011 will be subject to a computer-generated random selection process.  Applications that are not selected under the process will be rejected and returned with the accompanying application fee.

An annual quota exists on H-1B petitions.  65,000 cap subject H-1B visas are available each fiscal year.  The fiscal year begins on October 1 of each year.  The application period for each fiscal year begins on April 1 of each year.

The H-1B visa numbers under the "masters" cap were exhausted on December 22, 2010.  An additional 20,000 H-1B visas are available each year for individuals graduating with masters degrees or higher from United States institutions of higher learning.

USCIS will continue to accept cap exempt H-1B petitions.

Related Links

USCIS Reaches FY 2011 H-1B Cap

<- Back to: News & Articles

Dallas Office
3102 Maple Ave, Suite 450
Dallas, Texas 75201
(214) 677-4990

Nationwide Immigration
Representation Toll Free
1 (888) 310-4044

RSS Feeds

 Subscribe to this feed

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Follow On


Bookmark and Share
© 2009 The Chander Law Firm, A Professional Corporation

This web site is law firm advertising. By accessing this site, you accept the Terms of Use. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You cannot rely upon it as legal advice. By accessing this site, you are not creating an attorney-client relationship.