Employment Based Green Cards: EB-1 Priority Workers
Whether you are a multinational executive, academic, researcher, or artist, The Chander Law Firm can assist with the EB-1 Priority Worker green card.
The EB-1 Priority Worker Category
The EB-1 priority worker category is a visa providing permanent residence to persons in several categories: 1) persons of extraordinary ability in the science, arts, education, business, or athletics that has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the fiend through extensive documentation; 2) outstanding professors and researchers; 3) multinational executives and managers.
Persons of Extraordinary Ability Requirements
Applicants must be able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the science, arts, education, business, or athletics that has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the fiend through extensive documentation. It requires that the person seeks entry to continue work in the area of extraordinary ability and that entry will substantially benefit the United States.
An applicant must demonstrate “sustained or international acclaim” and that the achievement has been recognized in the persons field of expertise. Evidence of a MAJOR internationally recognized award is sufficient evidence of a one time achievement (i.e. the Nobel Prize). Alternatively, documentation of any of the following three is required, but not dispositive:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards (Academic awards to students are generally ignored);
- Memberships in associations in the field for which classification is sough that requires outstanding achievement of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts;
- Published materials about the person in professional or major trade publications or other major media;
- Participation as a judge of the works of others;
- Evidence of original scientific, scholastic, artistic, athletic, or business related contributions of major significance;
- Authorship of scholarly articles in the field; Artistic exhibitions or showcases;
- Performance in a leading or cultural role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation;
- High salary or remuneration in relation to others in the field; Commercial success in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, CD or video sales.
Outstanding Professor or Researcher Requirements
An Outstanding Professor or Researcher is recognized internationally in a specific academic area and has at least three years of teaching or research experience in the academic area who seeks entry for a tenure or tenure track teaching position, a comparable position at a university or institute of higher education to conduct research or a comparable position to conduct research with a private employer if it employs at least 3 persons full-time in research activities and the department, division or institution achieved accomplishments in the academic field.
Evidence that a professor or researcher is recognized internationally as outstanding in the academic field must include at least two of the following, although not dispositive:
- Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement;
- Membership in an association which requires outstanding achievement;
- Published material in professional publications written by others about the applicant’s work;
- Evidence of the person’s participation as judge of the work of others;
- Evidence of original scientific research; Authorship of scholarly books or articles in the field.
An employment offer letter is required from the sponsoring employer
Multinational Executive and Manager Requirements
A Multinational Executive and Manager must seek to enter the United States in order to render services to the same employer or affiliate that the person has been employed by for one year of the last three years in the capacity of a manager or executive. The evidence necessary to establish managerial or executive status includes:
- Statement from a United States employer concerning the person’s employment with the company in one of the past three years and that the U.S. employer has been doing business for at least on year;
- Evidence from the employer indicating the reasonable needs of the organization in light of the overall purpose and state of development;
- Job offer in the form of a statement describing duties of the position and capacity of employment;
- Evidence the beneficiary will be working primarily as a manager;
- Need to show the company is operating abroad;
- Need to show the company is not merely a shelf corporation but is actively conducting business and truly needs an executive or manager.
Questions Regarding Employment Bard Green Cards - Contact The Chander Law Firm
If you any questions regarding employment based green cards, do not hesitate to contact The Chander Law Firm.